Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Newbies for your Hondas

Latest product from Volkracing RE30


RAYS Volk Racing RE30 Formula Limited 2008 EDITION!

ONLY 4000 wheels covering all sizes so BE QUICK to order!

These are based on the RAYS Volk Racing RE30 wheels with a special finish and colour.

Finished in Formula Silver with diamond cut & polished rim
Gun Metallic Euro Type Valves with RAYS logo caps.
Special Sticker Set. RAYS ENGINEERING & JAPAN MADE.
Special Centre Caps are optional.

Inspired by Formula 1 Technology.

These are a forged one piece aluminium wheel. They are made from the finest aircraft grade 6061 aluminium. The wheels are made by a process called hot forging. A solid piece of aluminium billet is heated and is shaped applying compressive force from a press.

The 1st forging process is performed with a pressure of 5,000 kg’s per cm2. In the 2nd forging process 3,500 kg’s are applied per cm2. The lip is also forged to 3,500 kilograms per cm2. Forging refines the grain structure and improves the physical properties of the metal. With the advanced RAYS design process the grain flow can be oriented in the direction of principal stresses encountered in actual use. Grain flow is the direction of the pattern that the crystals take during forging. Physical properties (such as strength, ductility and toughness) are much better in a forging than in the base metal, which has, crystals randomly oriented. The excess material left on the wheel is then machined off (to tolerance of 1/100 of a millimetre). Powder coating and clear coating is done by a special proprietary process to ensure long lasting quality and durability.

This is why forged wheels can be made much lighter and stronger than an equivalent cast wheel, as less material can be used for a much higher equivalent strength. Cheap wheels are gravity cast, and during this process microscopic air bubbles form in the casting, weakening the structure further over the original material.

These wheels are available in most common offsets and PCD's to fit models listed on the Neweraparts site.

Sizes and PCD are available in 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19” Sizes.

Wheels are only available in FORMULA SILVER with Diamond Cut & polished rim.

Special Formula Centre caps are also available at extra cost.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

brapa tah harganya tu..?

WhiteRabbit said...

Nice light wheels. I was in a wheels shop in Singapore making physical comparison between these wheels and TE37 . The 18" RE30 felt much lighter then the TE37 in 17"... pretty impressive.

Stealth_S7i said...

U must b kidding me! The 18" of this is much lighter than 17" TE37?? Thats impressive! So how much do they cost in SG?

Whoever is ordering any VR rims should also lemme kno.. Might be interested in group buy hehehe..

WhiteRabbit said...

Stealth,

No mathematical accuracy, just my arms comparing the 2 ;p but I for me it was noticeable. I was putting the downpayment for a different wheel and stumbled across the RE30. It just got me thinking... "unsprung weight". I was tempted!
I'll check my old emails, I'm pretty sure I got a quote for the RE's

Stealth_S7i said...

WhiteRabbit:

Yeah I know.. U did mention u were making physical comparison :) Hey would love to know all the quotations for all the wheels that u've enquired. Thanks :)

WhiteRabbit said...

Stealth,

Tried to find my old emails. Found -Weight for 18x9.5 is about 8.1kg and for the price, with the high Yen the quote they gave me before might not be valid, so I call up Singapore and a rough guide for an 18" would be about 1k per wheel. If you're serious I can give u their tel and address so they can give better quote direct. These wheels are a nice performance wheels, haven't seen them here... but hey! I haven't seen more then half of Brunei's sweet ride. HTH

Rgds

WhiteRabbit said...

All the wheels I've queried? I'm afraid the price might be way off with the volatile currency now. But I found generally prices like the Work Meister S1 3pc , CE28N etc aren't to bad in SIngapore(... cheaper compare to some vendor here) not sure with KL, I believe one of the blazingR member have contact there and the price looks like it ain't too bad.
But wheels I wanted before were either no more in production .... or too much damage to the wallet! LOL
Never seriously considered the RE30... but after that day ... I should've ....

TunedDC5 said...

Hello whiterabbit, can you give the singapore address who sell the RE30's just for the interest. Thanks bro.

WhiteRabbit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WhiteRabbit said...

TunedDC5,

Sent you a PM through the forum. Name of person to contact and the complete address and numbers.
They're pretty good, but you do need to arrange your own transportation.
Let me know if you need any help.

Good luck.

Stealth_S7i said...

RE30 looks good but I'm too lazy to clean up all those spokes! hahaha.. Still prefer the TE37 actually but too bad the ones with 'concave' (sunken centre just like the ones on GTRs) do not come easy for 2006 STI :(

I guess I'll just wait for other options :)

Unknown said...

May I have the Singapore Contact? I need these wheels desperately. hehehe